Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Teenage Fanclub

For some reason I started googling all my favorite records from high school. I've thrown away the vinyl long ago, because I always throw everything away

This was the most exotic record ever:
Dead or Alive's "Sophisticated Boom Boom"
Homo, punk, goth and horny angry dance music,
just everything a gay boy needed while growing up
Hand in Glove was my favorite track off this,
but I was always disappointed at how "not gay enough" it was
total fabulous underground,
I learned about Nomi when he was the first artist
to die of Aids
this was a leftover from pre-teen years,
when people spoke about Classical Music
I always thought they meant Summer-Moroder
another classic obviously, and this was a great hit too,
so it was strange to listen to such a gloomy record in summer discos
New Order "Blue Monday"
and I still get chills when I listen to this

No comments: