Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Did I just blog the entire Thomas Schutte exhibition at Museo Reina Sofia?


(child pose?)
Last Saturday I visited Thomas Schutte's Hindsight exhibition at Reina Sofia in Madrid. I was never a huge fan of Schutte, because I had never seen such a comprehensive presentation. I could not stop taking photos.
bleeding monster?

Lonely watermelons?

shy watermelons?
tower


grave
grave with guard

 blue temple

monument to a guy drowning in concrete
golden dragon with smug expression

bronze dragon with slightly pathetic pleading expression
sad bleeding dragon overlooked by obnoxious humans

crying fountain
rusting spirits

tourist spirits taking photos of each other
glassed in  politicians (enemies of course)

presented in a palace backroom

ending with "goodbye cave"

No comments: