Sunday, October 07, 2007

Last Night in Second France

They were having white nights allover Paris France and all the museums stayed open all night etc.


As part of that even Daniele Balit and Christophe Bruno curated an exhibition in Paris Second France and had invited me to give a lecture and also show Cloud House.

I logged in at some point but it was very busy and crashing and too much talk and too many people, so a bit like an opening where you have to type a lot. Instead I went back early sunday, the place was empty apart from a few people obviously left over from the night before, and I could see the show.
a lot of Yona Friendman Spatial City drawings, originally posted at Helfe Ihnen's big Yona Friendman project at another SL location, where I've contributed a Blue Wave building (I have to learn how to post SURL's I'm just too lazy)
Etienne Joubert's "Artiste Sans Tete"
a great Manetas floor
always funny and interesting Claude Klosky
I was trying to sit and watch this video but it kept sitting me backwards
or in weird running positions? (should I run more? Is this an omen?)finally a view of the whole show, which is put together like a precarious stack of floors designed (I think) by Ignazio Mottola, with the cloud as a cherry on the top, and its funny because this is the third time I'm asked to put a version of the cloud house on top of another building and here its so much easier because in Second Life you have no gravity and no budgets.

1 comment:

Ignazio Mottola said...

Andreas you are right, the precarious building was designed by Ignazio Mottola...

Ciao

Ignazio